Depending upon your preference, you or your patient can initiate the process of giving you access to their data in the portal.
- Provide the Office Account Name you created when the office first registered for the portal to patients, so they can use it to send a request.
- If you have the patient’s e-mail address, you can send the request.
To create patient profiles, sign into the Accu-Chek Connect online portal.
On the home screen, click Add Patient and fill out the form.
If you have entered the patient’s e-mail address: Check the box next to Send data sharing request? then click Save.
If you don’t have the patient’s e-mail address: Click Save to create the profile, which you will connect to their data later.
After sending an invite, a link icon is visible at the far left of the patient’s row on the Home screen until they accept the invitation.
The link icon will be filled in once they accept.
If patients invite you to view their portal data, those invitations appear at the top of every screen whenever you sign into the portal. To access their data, click the mail icon next to the notification or select Patients > Data Sharing Requests from the top of the screen.
- On the Data Sharing Requests screen, select a pending invitation from the list on the left.
- If you have already created a patient profile for the person who sent the invitation, select it from the Existing Patients list on the right. 2a. If there is not yet a patient profile for the person who sent the invitation, click the Add Patient link in the upper right corner, provide patient information, and click Add Patient.
- Once you have matched a patient's records on the left and right sides, click the Link button in the center of the screen to link them.
Reconcile any differences in patient information and click Yes, link data.
Managing diabetes is a big job. Thank you for using the Accu-Chek Connect online portal to help make it a better experience for your patients and for your practice!